A Green Smoothie for Glowing Skin
Good Morning Greens Smoothie
I believe that beauty starts from within & so does glowing skin. I started drinking this shake about a year ago & it has done wonders for my skin. I’ve always had problem skin, breakouts & oily in places & just dull looking. I was spending tons of $$$ on acne treatments, blue light therapy (which does work, I’ll do a post on that another time) . So, I did some research and found I could possibly clear up my skin by eating certain foods. WELL IT WORKED!!! I no longer worry about breakouts & dull skin.
I know juicing is huge right now, but I’ve researched a lot and found that you loose SOOO much of the nutrients & fiber when juicing, that’s why I prefer blending, which, leads me to the Magic Bullet. This lil thing is so amazing. It will blend anything & everything into the perfect smoothie. I especially like it since it’s the perfect size to make 1 smoothie in less than 10 seconds. But, you can make tons of different recipes with the Magic Bullet, it comes with a really great recipe book.
For the smoothie not only do I use fresh fruits & veggies I also add Amazing Grass, Green Superfood Drink Powder. And, when I don’t have the time in the day to make a smoothie, this is perfect to put 1 scoop in a shaker with 8oz. of water & ice~SHAKE & you’re out the door. Still, getting all the greens & nutrients you need for glowing skin. This is has def transformed my skin!
These 2 flavors below are my favorite. The red label is superfruit with Goji & Acai Berries, this one has a very light flavor, so it’s better mixed in a smoothie with fruit, but I’m fine drinking it with water too. The other with the Purple label is really tasty for a powder drink. Amazon is often out of stock on this, so if you want it, don’t wait. AND right now they are giving a 20% coupon, so it’s ONLY $43.69 & FREE shipping. YAY!!! This one has more of a stronger berry flavor.
There’s also a chocolate flavor, for choco lovers too. ALL are gluten free & vegan.
And less than 1 gram of sugar which is AMAZING!!!!
Enough, jibber jabber. Here’s a couple options for yummy healthy smoothies that will give you that GLOW!
1 frozen banana (doesn’t have to be frozen but it makes the smoothie better)
- hand full fresh frozen blueberries (again doesn’t have to be & can be frozen in a bag, but I find the fresh ones have more flavor)
- about 1/4 of avocado (optional but I like it since it makes the smoothie really creamy)
- about 2tbs of ground flaxseed
- handful of kale (I like to tear off only the leaves, the stems are very coarse)
- 1 scoop of Amazing Greens Superfood
- un sweet vanilla almond milk (just fill cup after everything else is added
- if you didn’t have frozen fruits just add about 3-4 cubes of ice
- BLEND & DONE
Some other options for variety: of coarse it’s always healthier if everything is organic
1 stalk of celery (cut into pieces)
- 2-3 slices of cucumbers
- spinach instead of kale
- instead of blueberries ~ frozen fresh strawberries, peaches, or kiwi ( I only like to have 1 fruit along with the banana) the point is to have less sugars & more greens
A GREEN way to start the day loaded with nutrients for glowing skin & also gives you an energy boost instead of coffee!